Families welcome to join us monthly for free crafts at Artists’ Exchange on the last Saturday of each month!
11am - 2pm
This year’s craft bash themes are not only design to be fun art activities for kids but also enriching learning opportunities. The arts can work as a tool for strengthening skills in all disciplines by offering alternative ways to think about core subjects. Many art projects unknowingly have ties to math, science and history. By exemplifying these concepts throughout the project, kids can build their art skills while learning cross-curricular information at the same time.
- The Lorax Recycles Celebrate Earth Day by reading a book and creating an upcycled cardboard forest
- The Life of a Plant Paint a custom planter and care for your seeds as they grow into plants
- Summer Story Books Write and illustrate a mini-book about your favorite summer pastimes
- Ocean Ecosystems Build an upcycled aquarium filled with shells, sharks, coral, fish and all things under the sea
- Greek and Roman Pottery Build a clay cup and travel through time and space in history to learn how they would have been decorated by the ancient artisans
- Poetry Collage Create a work of art that represents you with pictures, words, colors and more
- Romero Britto Paintings Using a bit of geometry and bold colors, create a custom painting in the style of Brazillian artist Romero Britto
- Paper Marbled Cards The holidays are coming! Create a few handmade cards with custom messages while learning the science behind paper marbling.
- Animals in Winter Create drawings and paintings based on stories of your favorite animals and their hibernation or migration patterns
- Fabric Quilts Create small quilt like tapestries in the style of Faith Ringgold and explore elements of literature and history to create a personal pattern all your own.
- Geometric Faces Create a Pablo Picasso style face using all cardboard pieces of all shapes and sizes
- Comic Books Learn some basic cartooning and illustrating techniques and write your own comic strip or even a whole book!
Proudly Sponsored by:
The mission of Kiki’s Garden is to raise funds for scholarships, enrichment programs and initiatives that support the growth and well-being of youth in our community, providing them the opportunity to develop their potential, pursue their dreams and create joy for themselves and their communities. We envision a world where all children, especially those from disadvantage or difficult circumstances, are given opportunities for joyful self expression and personal growth. Every child is a seed of unlimited potential deserving of the chance to explore, discover and connect to themselves and their world. When we make a difference in a child’s life, we cultivate the garden of human potential and create a better world one smile at a time.
We hope you will join us in helping kids BLOOM!
WE DESIGN SOLUTIONS FOR YOU — NOT JUST FOR YOUR MONEY.
We believe financial well-being and personal well-being are two sides of the same coin and there is no point in having one without the other. And achieving financial independence is the direct result of balancing your goals and dreams with your financial resources. The financial complexities of today's world are daunting – preparing for retirement, investing your money, minimizing your tax bite, making sure you don't outlive your assets, paying for college, protecting your estate and those you love, and the list goes on. How to tackle these issues while still going about your daily lives can be overwhelming. Quite often, the problem is not knowing where to turn for sound and objective, professional advice – advice that will ideally provide peace of mind, financial security, and confidence while minimizing anxiety and uncertainty.
Our mission is to harness the power of enduring relationships to help individuals, families and communities become economically independent and strong.
Amica Companies Foundation supports qualified, federal tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organizations, as defined by the Internal Revenue Service Code. Grants are generally restricted to community-based organizations serving Rhode Island residents.
The Best Pharmacy-Liquor-Grocery Store in the State!
We maintain a store environment where YOU come first! That's right, GOOD OLD-FASHIONED CUSTOMER SERVICE! We offer FREE LOCAL DELIVERY just like the good old days! And, no red tape! If you have feedback on the services we provide then talk with the boss! We want to listen to YOU! We know that without YOU, there is no US!
A Brief History of Phred's Drug... Founded in 1955, by Michael J Rossi Jr., Phred’s Drug, Inc. has been run consecutively by three generations of the Rossi family. Located in the heart of Cranston, PHRED’S has served the Rhode Island community for a broad spectrum of diverse needs, including but not limited to the provision of prescription/over-the-counter medication, counseling services, pharmaceutical care, and drug therapy management. Primarily a retail operation, PHRED’S has an extensive long-term care operation, specializing in serving nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, group homes for disabled and medically needy, housing for the elderly and the Adult Correctional Institution as an emergency provider.
With Collette, the World is Within Your Reach True adventures go beyond incredible destinations or inclusive packages. Collette delivers a sense of possibility across all seven continents.
Since 1918, we have been sharing our love of travel. Today our worldwide travel collection features comprehensive land tours, river cruises, rail journeys, small group tours, family trips, garden holidays and more. With Collette, wake each morning on tour with a new experience in front of you, and when your head hits the pillow, you will know it has been an amazing day. Best of all - we seamlessly handle the details. All you have to do is enjoy the adventure.
50 Rolfe Square, Cranston, RI | Phone: 401.490.9475 | Fax: 401.490.9477 Artists' Exchange is proudly operated by Gateways to Change, Inc.